One of the things I love about writing a blog is the opportunity it gives me to connect with lots of wonderful people. Today I am participating in a Holiday Treat Party that is being hosted by Molly Allen from CAKEfyi. I met Molly through my connection with Best Friends For Frosting. Molly is one of the editors there. She has her own blog full of dessert recipes and inspiration. When she asked me to participate in this fun little party, I was happy to contribute. The recipe I am sharing is for Snow Ball Cookies. My sister Linda and I bake them every year at Christmas time. They are a fun cookie to add to a white themed dessert bar or holiday table. Check out the recipe and then head over to CAKEfyi to keep the party going. There will be lots of great dessert recipes and a giveaway, just in time for the holidays!
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ½ cup of confectioner’s sugar
- 2¼ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- ¾ cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioner’s sugar for rolling the snow balls
- Cream butter, sugar and honey until fluffy.
- Mix in confectioner’s sugar, flour, salt and orange juice.
- Add pecans.
- Wrap dough and refrigerate for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough, 1 teaspoon at a time, into balls.
- Place balls on baking sheet and bake 12 to 13 minutes. Cool on racks.
- Roll cooled cookies in confectioner’s sugar*